Tuesday 28 December 2010

Sarah from Horseland



The neighing of horses greeted Sarah as she stepped out of the back seat of her limo. She grabbed her things and immediately ran to the stables. "Scarlet girl!" She grinned. Her beauty of a horse whinnied in greeting.


This is a picture I drew a few years ago. It's of Sarah, a character from an animated series called Horseland. I used to watch this all the time, so I tried drawing the characters. I definitely didn't try to draw the horses, or Teeny the pig, Shep the dog, or Angora the cat. I am no good at drawing animals. Ironic, huh?
Well, I'm in a stage you might call "Hung up on two things". Remember when I told you a few posts back about how I liked to write novels? Well, I like writing as much as I like drawing, and I hope if I ever publish my novels, I could illustrate them. I'd also make some picture books.
So far I have started twenty seven novels, but I haven't finished one. It's because I get a bunch of ideas at the same time, and I switch around writing all of them. So I think in the future I'll try to focus on one. The problem? Boredom with the story after a while of thinking about it too much.
So, for some reason I have feeling i should watch an episode of Horseland, for old times sake :)

Well, gotta go,
Anjali



No comments:

Post a Comment